My wife and I own 18% of a house, the bank owns the other 82%. How about you?
- The crowd also liked the pin I was wearing. Printed up on Monday by Netroots Nation's Nolan Treadway (with help from others?) it says: "Ask me how many houses I own". (Christy took a picture of it.)
- So someone then asked me how many houses I owned. I think I calculated it at three percent of a house. The bank owns the other 97 percent.
Here's another note for the news media and others who pose as "regular folks." If your largest single monthly expense is not your residence's mortgage or rent, you're not like us.